Sunday, June 29, 2008

In Memory of Sweet Uncle Matt



Mike's little brother Matt was very kind, gentle and sweet to Aurora. Tragically he passed very early yesterday morning. He is going to be missed so. He was 23 years old. We know that our father in heaven will keep him safe. We pray for strength, peace and consolation to all the family.
I found these words that may help us all through this time of mourning:
"Trust in God to be God. God is the Great Creator. God didn't create this wonderfully beautiful, infinite universe to walk away from it. God had a plan from the beginning which included the need for Jesus and your need for a savior at a time like this.
The familiar names of the Bible tell of everyone's need for a savior. Let's look at just one way we need a savior: to comfort us in times of almost unconsolable loss.
Job spoke that faith is a consolation "Then I would still have this consolation-- my joy in unrelenting pain-- that I had not denied the words of the Holy One."
David writes, "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." "May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant."
Isaiah says, "For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones."
In Jeremiah, God speaks to his people, "I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow."
Paul often writes, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort?"
But God knew that even the kindest words are not consolation enough when we are pressed by death, and so he sent his Son to save us, and still he sends his Spirit to bring us to him.
Jesus told his disciples, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."'

1 comment:

Jennifer Scott said...

Our love and condolences to Mike and his family. We pray for Matt and his family during this hard time.
With all our love,
Jenny and Ted